109 is a prime number from 101-200. 109 has 2 factors, 1 and 109. It is the 29th prime number, and the fourth prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2109 - 1 is divisible by 745,988,807, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 107.
- There are no odd numbers between 107 and 109. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The previous prime number before 107 is 103.
- 103 and 109 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 113.
- 109 and 113 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 127 is the next prime number after 113. It is a huge gap, the largest between 101-200.