113 is a prime number from 101-200. 113 is prime because it only has 2 factors, 1 and 113. It is the 30th prime number, and the fifth prime number between 101 to 200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous odd number, 111, is not a prime number. It can be factorized into 3 x 37.
- The odd number previous to 111 is 109. 109 is a prime number.
- 109 and 113 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The odd number previous to 109 is 107. 107 is a prime number.
- 107 and 113 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 127. It features a huge gap, as 113 and 127 are fourteen numbers apart.
- Among the composite numbers between them:
- 115 is divisible by 5.
- 117 is divisible by 3.
- 119 is divisible by 7.
- 121 is divisible by 11. In addition, it is a square number.
- 123 is divisible by 3.
- 125 is divisible by 5. In addition, it is a cube number.