13 is a prime number from 1-100. 13 is prime because it only has 2 factors, 1 and 13. It is said to be an unlucky number, because of some reasons. It is the sixth prime number, and the sixth prime number between 1 to 100.
- Therefore it has 2 factors.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
213 - 1, which is the number 8,191, is a prime number. It is the 5th Mersenne Prime.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous odd number, 11, is a prime number.
- There are no odd numbers between 11 and 13. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The odd number previous to 11 is 9. 9 is a square number.
- The odd number previous to 9 is 7. 7 is a prime number.
- 7 and 13 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next odd number, 15, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 3 and 5.
- 17, the odd number following 15, is a prime number.
- 13 and 17 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 19, the odd number following 17, is a prime number.
- 13 and 19 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- The fear of number 13 is called Triskaidekaphobia, which was founded at 1911.