131 is a prime number from 101-200. 131 has 2 factors, 1 and 131. It is the 32nd prime number, and the seventh prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
2131 - 1 is divisible by 263, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 127.
- 129 and 133 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The previous prime number before 127 is 113. It is a huge gap, the largest between 101-200.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 137.
- In particular, 133 is divisible by 7, therefore not a prime number.
- 131 and 137 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- 139 is the next prime number after 137.