137 is a prime number from 101-200. 137 has 2 factors, 1 and 137. It is the 33rd prime number, and the eighth prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2137 - 1 is not a prime number. It is divisible by a 20-digit number:
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 131.
- In particular, 133 is divisible by 7, therefore not a prime number.
- 131 and 137 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- The previous prime number before 131 is 127.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 139.
- There are no odd numbers between 137 and 139. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 149 is the next prime number after 139.
- Notably, 143 is not a prime number because it can be factored as 11 x 13.