139 is a prime number from 101-200. 139 has 2 factors, 1 and 139. It is the 34th prime number, and the ninth prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2139 - 1 is divisible by 5,625,767,248,687, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 137.
- There are no odd numbers between 137 and 139. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The previous prime number before 137 is 131.
- In particular, 133 is divisible by 7, therefore not a prime number.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 149.
- Notably, 143 is not a prime number because it can be factored as 11 x 13.
- 151 is the next prime number after 149.