163 is a prime number from 101-200. 163 has 2 factors, 1 and 163. It is the 38th prime number, and the thirteenth prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 157.
- In particular, 161 is divisible by 7, therefore not a prime number.
- 157 and 163 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- The previous prime number before 157 is 151.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 167.
- 163 and 167 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 173 is the next prime number after 167.
- Notably, 169 is not a prime number. It is a square number, being 132 = 169.