199 is a prime number from 101-200. 199 has 2 factors, 1 and 199. It is the 46th prime number, and the twenty-first and last prime number from 101-200. If you put the digits of 199 in any order, you still get a prime number (919, 991). In fact, you can even turn it upside down and still get a prime number (661).
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2199 - 1 is divisible by 164,504,919,713, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 197.
- There are no odd numbers between 197 and 199. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The previous prime number before 197 is 193.
- 193 and 199 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 211.
- 199 and 211 are twelve numbers apart. It is a large gap.
- In particular, 201 and 207 are divisible by 3, 203 by 7, and 209 by 11.
- 223 is the next prime number after 211. It is another equally huge gap.