223 is a prime number from 201-300. 223 has 2 factors, 1 and 223. It is the 48th prime number, the second prime number from 201-300, and the third Carol prime.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 211.
- 211 and 223 are twelve numbers apart. It is a large gap.
- In particular, 213 and 219 are divisible by 3, while 217 is divisible by 7.
- Notably, 221 can be factored as 13 x 17.
- The previous prime number before 211 is 199. It is another equally huge gap.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 227.
- 223 and 227 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 229 is the next prime number after 227.
- 223 and 229 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.