227 is a prime number from 201-300. 227 has 2 factors, 1 and 227. It is the 49th prime number, and the third prime number from 201-300.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2227 - 1 is divisible by 26,986,333,437,777,017, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 223.
- 223 and 227 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The previous prime number before 223 is 211. It is a large gap.
- In particular, 213 and 219 are divisible by 3, while 217 is divisible by 7.
- Notably, 221 can be factored as 13 x 17.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 229.
- There are no odd numbers between 227 and 229. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 233 is the next prime number after 227.
- 227 and 233 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.