229 is a prime number from 201-300. 229 has 2 factors, 1 and 229. It is the 50th prime number, and the fourth prime number from 201-300.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2229 - 1 is divisible by numbers such as 1,504,073 and 20,492,753, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 227.
- There are no odd numbers between 227 and 229. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The previous prime number before 227 is 223.
- 223 and 229 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 233.
- Notably, 231 is divisible by 11 and therefore not a prime number.
- 229 and 233 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 239 is the next prime number after 233.