239 is a prime number from 201-300. 239 has 2 factors, 1 and 239. It is the 52nd prime number, and the sixth prime number from 201-300.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 233.
- 233 and 239 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- The previous prime number before 233 is 229.
- Notably, 231 is divisible by 11 and therefore not a prime number.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 241.
- There are no odd numbers between 239 and 241. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 251 is the next prime number after 241.
- Notably, 243 is the fifth power of 3, 247 can be factored as 13 x 19, and 249 is divisible by 3.