281 is a prime number from 201-300. 281 has 2 factors, 1 and 281. It is the 60th prime number, and the fourteenth prime number from 201-300.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 281.
- 277 and 281 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The previous prime number before 277 is 271.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 283.
- There are no odd numbers between 281 and 283. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 293 is the next prime number after 283.
- Notably, 289 is not a prime number because it is a square number, being 172 = 289.