37 is a prime number from 1-100. 37 has 2 factors, 1 and 37. It is said to be another number wherein when digits are added together, they make a composite number. It is the twelfth prime number, and the twelfth prime number from 1-100.
- Therefore, 37 has 2 factors.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
237 - 1, which is the number 137,438,953,471, is divisible by 223, and therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 31. The numbers in between are composite.
- Among them, 33 is divisible by 3 and 11, while 35 is divisible by 5 and 7.
- 31 and 37 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next odd number, 39, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 3 and 13.
- 41, the odd number following 39, is a prime number.
- 37 and 41 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 43, the odd number following 41, is a prime number.
- 37 and 43 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- Rubidium atomic number
- Normal temperature of human's body
- Number of plays of William Shakespeare that is thought to have written (counting Henry IV as three parts)