659 is a prime number from 601-700. 659 has 2 factors, 1 and 659. It is the 120th prime number, and the eleventh prime number from 601-700.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 653.
- 653 and 659 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- The previous prime number before 653 is 647.
- 649 is divisible by 11, therefore not a prime number.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 661.
- There are no odd numbers between 659 and 661. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 673 is the next prime number after 661.
- Notably, 667 is the product of 23 and 29, while 671 is divisible by 11. They are both composite numbers.