71 is a prime number from 1-100. 71 has 2 factors, 1 and 71. It is the twentieth prime number, and the twentieth prime number from 1-100.
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
271 - 1 can be divided by numbers such as 228,479 and 48,544,121, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous odd number, 69, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 3.
- The odd number previous to 69 is 67. 67 is a prime number.
- 67 and 71 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The odd number previous to 67 is 65. 65 is not a prime number. It is divisible by 5.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next odd number, 73, is a prime number.
- There are no odd numbers between 71 and 73. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 75, the odd number following 73, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 5.
- 77, the odd number following 75, is also not a prime number. It is divisible by 7.
- 79 is the next prime number after 73.