I am proud to say that one of our users has gotten the correct answer to the last question. Congratulations Blueeighthnote! The answer was 25! *applause* How did you get the answer? I want to know. Is it the same as how I solved it (see the bottom)? Please respond in the comments section with your current answer.
For everyone else: even if you didn't get the right answer, there is still many chances to earn points! Hard questions are hard!
Question of the Day - 20 points
Let's cool this down a little.
What is the sum of all prime and consecutive numbers from 1-1000?
Difficulty - Medium
Remember: Do not type any of your work on this blog. After I announce the answer, then you can explain...
The correct answer was 25! Congrats Blueeighthnote!
- This is not a trick question. There is a numerical response and a logical one.
- Looking back at the previous correct solutions from the past problems of the day, we get the numbers 4,9,16......
- This is a pattern of squares. In other words, an equation can be written using this pattern. It is y=(x+1)², where x is the question number (the first question of the day is problem 1, the second, problem 2, etc) and y is the result.
- Since this is question 4: (4+1)² will give you 25.
- Touch down!
Hint for this Question
This answer to this question is not 36. I now broke the pattern forever.....
1. Blueeighthnote: 50 points
2. Julianthewiki: 10 points
2. Wildoneshelper: 10 points
4. Zombiebird4000: -- points
4. 22.214.171.124: -- points
126.96.36.199.243: -- points