I am updating this very early. To Blueeighthnote: Either I stumped you, or you forgot. I hope I stumped you. I told my cousin that you were a genius, and she gave me that question to stump you.
Everyone except for Imamadmad and Emmaelise401
What is the answer to the very first question of the day?
What is the question of the very first question of the day?
Imamadmad and Emmaelise401
The clock on Ana's bedroom wall has a minute hand of length 8 inches and an hour hand with length 6 inches. How many inches farther does the tip of the minute hand travel in a 6-hour period compared to the tip of the hour hand? Expres your answer to the nearest whole number.
Difficulty: Much easier0
1. Blueeighthnote: 1625 points (2 achvmt pkgs) --> Jeezaloo!
2. TimBluesWin: 625 points (1 achvmt pkg)
3. Imamadmad: 180 points (1 achvmt pkg)
4. Julianthewiki: 100 points (1 achvmt pkg)
5. 69.235...:60 points (1 achvmt pkg)
6. Zombiebird4000: 20 points (1 achvmt pkg)
7. Supermario3459: 15 points (1 achvmt pkg)
8. Wildoneshelper: 10 points (1 achvmt pkg)
9. Emmaelise401: -- points
Looking in the complex plane, we see that b+11i is the 60 degree rotation of a+5i. Thus: (a+5i)(cis 60) = b+11i.
Equating real and imaginary parts and solving he resulting system gives a=±17/sqrt 3 and b= ±1/sqrt 3. Multiplying them results in ab=17/3.
Credits to my cousin who found that question.