Hey guys! New users: even if an answer is already seen in the comments section, still write your answer. The answers not written by me still might not be right.
For newcomers who are seeing this blog post for the first time, please read the rules to get started!
ACHIEVEMENTS EARNED DURING THE LAST QUESTION: 0
The Question of the Day - 15 points
Lucky Prime Hint! I am a 2-digit prime number that is not divisible by 4 or 7.
How many even positive integral factors does 84,000,000 have? Calculators are permitted for this question, although it is easily solvable without one.
The lucky prime was 853. Note that I create the lucky prime before I see the answers you wrote. This is not biased in any way.
The answer to yesterday's question was 225.
Solution to yesterday's question:
From 100 to 199, there are 18 numbers that have exactly one 8 as one of their digits. (There are ten that have an 8 in the tens place 80-89 and ten that have an 8 in the units place 108, 118, 198. That would be 20 numbers, except that 188 would be counted twice when we don't want to count it at all since it doesn't have exactly one 8, so only 18 since we counted a number twice that we didn't want to count at all.) There will also be 18 numbers in the 200s, 300s, 400s, 500s, 600s, 700s, and 900s. In the 800s, all the numbers have at least one 8, but 19 of the numbers have an additional 8, so only 81 that have exactly one 8. That is a total of 18*8+81=25
1. Blueeighthnote: 2365 points (2 achvmt pkgs) <-- Unbeatable!
2. TimBluesWin: 655 points (1 achvmt pkg)
3. Imamadmad: 645 points (1 achvmt pkg)
4. Julianthewiki: 420 points (1 achvmt pkg)
5. 69.235...: 230 points (1 achvmt pkg)
6. ZombieBird4000: 50 points (1 achvmt pkg)
7. Supermario3459: 45 points (1 achvmt pkg)
8. Wildoneshelper: 40 points (1 achvmt pkg)
9. Emmaelise401: 30 points
9. CalzoneManiac: 30 points
11. Googleaarex: 10 points (Here are 10 points to get you started!)
Usually awarded for having skills to solving hard questions, etc.
1. Quick Thinker! (+10 points) - Awarded for posting an answer before I write "Please leave your answers here." FIRST FOUNDED BY BLUEEIGHTHNOTE
2. RARE: Leaderboards Expert! (+300 points) - Awarded for being 1st place on the leaderboards for 30+ days. FIRST FOUNDED BY BLUEEIGHTHNOTE
3. RARE: More than a Millenium! (+100 points) - Awarded for being first in the leaderboards and scoring more than 1000 points from the runner-up. FIRST FOUNDED BY BLUEEIGHTHNOTE
4. Questions in a question (+20 points)? Awarded for finding three ambiguities in a single question. EARNED BY IMAMADMAD
Most rare ones are found here.
RARE: Top Ten (+30 points) - Awarded for being the first top 10 people ONLY to participate on the question of the day! EARNED BY THE FIRST 10 PARTICIPATING PEOPLE
All epic ones are found here.
Almost IMPOSSIBLE to earn. Each one found here is worth 10000+ points and/or 5+ achievement packages. EVEN IF A PERSON EARNS A BADGE HERE, I STILL WILL NOT WRITE HOW TO FIND IT.
Unique things one can do in the answers section. ONLY ONE PERSON CAN EARN EACH BADGE.
1. Analyzer! (+10 points) - Awarded for drawing a diagram. FOUNDED BY IMAMADMAD
2. Inspiration! (+5 points) - A question was dedicated to you! FOUNDED BY BLUEEIGHTHNOTE
Awarded by how much I trust someone on this wiki. Please do not ask me about these badges.
1. Reliability (+100 points) - Trusted to write a question of a day. FIRST FOUNDED BY BLUEEIGHTHNOTE, JULIANTHEWIKI, AND IMAMADMAD
2. Scoreboard Tinkerer (+100 points) - Trusted to change the scoreboards. FIRST FOUNDED BY BLUEEIGHTHNOTE AND JULIANTHEWIKI
Yes! YOU KNOW IT! PARTICIPATION EVERY DAY!